Are you a good mentor?
Do you have what it takes to make a good mentor? In order to mentor others effectively and professionally there are certain questions you could ask yourself. Does helping others succeed appeal to you? Are you capable of active listening without interrupting and launching into anecdotes of your own? Are you trustworthy and empathetic? Are you able to guide others to make their own decisions without taking over? Mentoring is a skill to be learnt and developed not expected just because you are an entrepreneur or at the peak of your profession. Our practical mentoring course helps participants develop the core skills and competences required to mentor others professionally and efficiently.
Overview: During this practical mentoring course participants will learn how to develop the fundamental skills and behaviours required to confidently and successfully mentoring others. Our mentoring courses include a degree of practical coaching simulations to help support the application of learning.
What participants will gain:
- Clarity to recognise the distinction between mentoring and coaching.
- The value and the effects of mentoring within organisations.
- A clear understanding of the role and scope of the mentoring role
- The appreciation of how to establish trust within the mentoring relationship clarifying mutual expectations/roles from the beginning
- The ability to follow a flexible framework and set clear mentoring objectives to ensure the success of the mentoring partnership
Suitable for: Anyone who wishes to develop their capability and confidence as a mentor
- Full day or 2 x ½ day sessions
- Classroom-based training course
- One-to-one coaching
Course content can be tailored to meet the needs of the organisation.