The Line Manager’s Role in Supporting Apprentices
‘If everyone is moving forward together, then success takes care of itself’ (Henry Ford)
The role of line manager is key to developing apprentices and supporting performance improvement on the job. A small investment of time on the line manager’s part in reality will significantly help apprentices and team members to become more accountable, grow in confidence and progress within their role.
Line managers will benefit from developing skills and techniques that equally will improve their overall effectiveness as a manager too. Setting and reviewing qualitative, measurable objectives, delivering constructive feedback and coaching on the job are just some of the skills required to support apprenticeship and staff development in a way that makes a tangible difference to both the individual and to the business.
Who Should Attend
Anyone in a line management role that is required to support apprentice development within their organisation.
The aim of this course is to provide line managers with core skills and techniques that will enable them to effectively support apprentices and team members throughout their development. Participants will broaden their line manager toolkit and will receive proven templates and tools to save significant time back in the workplace.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Discussed the role of line manager in supporting the progress and development of apprentices
- Demonstrated how to write measurable, aligned objectives
- Identified how to plan, prepare and conduct a progress review
- Applied a proven model to deliver constructive feedback in a range of situations relevant to apprenticeship development
- Demonstrated how to conduct conversational coaching to address performance issues and influence opportunities for development
- This course can be adapted to meet your business requirements and integrate your logo/ branding at a nominal fee.
- Can support the delivery of trailblazer apprenticeship programmes
- We deliver: Our ‘The Line Manager’s Role in Supporting Apprentices’ course is delivered in-house by Adalta professional facilitators for up to 12 participants.
- You deliver: This course is available for you to purchase and deliver independently within your organisation.
- We deliver: £1350 + VAT per course (equivalent to less than £105 per person based on 12 participants). Course rate includes materials. Excludes facilitator expenses.
- You deliver: £1750 + VAT, rate includes all course material in electronic, editable format.