Equality and Diversity
The purpose of equality and diversity legislation is to enable employees to work in an environment that is free from all forms of discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.
In the UK, we live and work in a diverse society, as a result, we regularly come into contact with people who have different backgrounds, views, values and beliefs. Sometimes, we can be prejudiced without even realising that we are. The purpose of this Equality and Diversity training course is to look at how we can play our part in promoting a culture free from discrimination. To do this, it is important to acknowledge current legislation, but no law can truly get under the skin of how people behave.
Therefore, the emphasis of today is on how you can translate this legislation into something meaningful that bring it to life and influence a culture of shared responsibility for equality and diversity.
Who Should Attend
This Equality and Diversity course is recommended for anyone that wants to increase or refresh their understanding of current equality and diversity legislation and understand their responsibilities to comply with this.
The aim of this one-day Equality and Diversity training course is to help participants develop their knowledge of current equality and diversity legislation and how they can help promote and embed equal behaviour within the organisation’s culture.
By the end of this course, you will have:
- Reviewed the current legislation and social context of equality, diversity and disability and how this relates to your day to day role
- Explored the difference between direct and indirect discrimination and the differing effects this can have on individuals
- Defined the core skills required to manage unequal behaviour effectively in the workplace
- Developed and presented strategies to influence buy in to equality and diversity within your team
- Planned, prepared and demonstrated how you would manage unequal behaviour using a scenario approach
- This Equality and Diversity course can be adapted to meet your business requirements and integrate your logo/ branding at a nominal fee.
- Equality and diversity training can form part of a Chartered Management Institute qualification or a professionally recognised programme.
- We deliver: Our Equality and Diversity training course is delivered in-house by Adalta professional facilitators for up to 12 participants.
- You deliver: This course is available for you to purchase and deliver independently within your organisation.
- We deliver: £1350 + VAT per course (equivalent to less than £115 per person based on 12 participants). Course rate includes materials. Excludes facilitator expenses.
- You deliver: £1750 + VAT, rate includes all course material in electronic, editable format.