Coaching is something that is now widely used in today’s work environments to help accelerate performance. Line managers are key to improving staff performance and coaching can help them empower individuals and encourage them to take responsibility. Developing managers as skilled coaches will equally improve their overall performance as a manager too.
Coaching Skills courses help to introduce managers to coaching and develop the practical skills and tools required to successfully evolve a coaching approach.
Who Should Attend
Our Coaching Skills courses are aimed at managers who want to develop their skills and capability to successfully coach team members.
The aim of this Coaching Skills training course is to help participants develop a coaching approach to help maximise staff potential and improve performance.
By the end of this course, you will have:
• Defined the difference between coaching and mentoring and discussed their applications
• Explored the GROW model as a flexible framework for coaching
• Demonstrated targeted questioning and listening to promote self-discovery
• Demonstrated your ability to deliver motivational and development feedback
• Demonstrated how to apply coaching to a) approach performance issues and b) realise potential
- This course can be adapted to meet your business requirements and integrate your logo/ branding at a nominal fee.
- Can form part of a Chartered Management Institute qualification or a professionally recognised programme.
- We deliver: Our coaching skills training course is delivered in-house by Adalta professional facilitators for up to 12 participants.
- You deliver: This course is available for you to purchase and deliver independently within your organisation.
- We deliver: £1350 + VAT per course (equivalent to less than £115 per person based on 12 participants). Course rate includes materials. Excludes facilitator expenses.
- You deliver: £1750 + VAT, rate includes all course material in electronic, editable format.